This is an outdated article! Please refer to the latest version here: Link
Welcome to Injective’s Mainnet staking walkthrough!
This guide will show you how to stake your INJ and start earning rewards. Injective’s user interface abstracts away the complexity from the end-user and allows everyone to stake their tokens in just a few steps. Injective token holders can transfer ERC-20 INJ tokens from the Ethereum Mainnet to the Injective Chain through the Injective Peggy Bridge and delegate INJ to one of the genesis validators.
Note: If you have not withdrawn your tokens yet from Equinox Staking, you can access this link here and then follow the guide to stake your tokens on Mainnet! The Equinox and Mainnet Staking dashboards are separate.
- Connect Your Wallet
Open the staking dashboard here: https://staking.injective.network and connect your MetaMask or Ledger hardware wallet.
2. Click “Wallet”
3. Approve the transfer of ERC-20 tokens to the Injective Chain by clicking on the “lock” and confirm the transaction in your wallet.
Note: You may need to refresh the page after the transaction has been confirmed to move to the next step.
4. Enter the amount of INJ tokens you would like to transfer from the Ethereum Mainnet to the Injective Chain and click “Transfer”.
Note: This process may take a few minutes up to one hour to complete and see your INJ tokens under the Injective Chain balance.
5. Click on the “Validators” from the staking dashboard to view the genesis validators and delegate your tokens.
6. Choose one of the Injective validators and click “Delegate”.
7. Enter the amount you would like to delegate to this validator and click “Delegate”
That is all! You are now equipped with the information needed to stake on Injective. If you have any further questions please join the Injective Discord channel, where you will be able to speak directly with fellow community members.
Injective is the first cross-chain protocol built for decentralized finance applications. On the Injective exchange, anyone can access, create, and trade unlimited DeFi markets such as futures and perpetuals. Developers can also build cross-chain Ethereum-compatible projects that are lightning fast and achieve instant transaction finality. Injective is backed by a prominent group of stakeholders including Binance, Pantera Capital and Mark Cuban.