Welcome to Injective’s Solstice Testnet!
Here is a quick guide for you to follow.
Setting up a Wallet
1. Go to https://testnet.injective.exchange.
2. Click the “Connect to a wallet” dropdown button in the top right-hand corner.
3. Connect a testnet wallet by either importing your private key or by creating a new address. If you choose to create a new address, make sure to write down your private key on a piece of paper and store it in a secure location.
4. Click “Airdrop”
5. Using a referral code will reward you with an additional 1,000 testnet USDT. If you have a referral code you would like to use with your airdrop, click on the red text.
6. Enter your referral code in the text input and click “Submit”.
7. If your referral code is valid, you will be returned to the previous screen and your referral code will be displayed in green text. If it is invalid and you cannot find a valid code, click “Cancel” to continue with redeeming your airdrop.
8. Twitter and WeChat are both available options for verifying your wallet address for an airdrop. WeChat users will be guided by a bot. In this walkthrough, we will focus on the Twitter flow. Click “Tweet” to be directed to Twitter.
9. Log in to your Twitter account (this is used to verify your testnet account).
10. Click “Tweet”.
11. Make sure your twitter account is set to public so that our bot can find your tweet to verify you. Click “Verify”.
12. Once your airdrop is received, your wallet should open to confirm that you have received your testnet funds. You are ready to start trading!
Trading on Injective
Click “Perpetual Markets. Here you can find a dropdown list of all markets. For this exam we will click on the “BTC/USDT” market.
There are two sections on Injective. Perpetual markets are the USDT margined contracts with no expiration. Futures markets are the USDT margined contracts with expiry dates (this will be released in the near future). Click the market you would like to trade.
Placing a Market Order
Choose whether you wish to go long or short on the desired contract. Select “Market” from the presented options (it should already be the default selection).
Enter the amount for your order and select the leverage multiplier. Click the “Place Market Long/Short Order” button to submit your market order.
Placing a Limit Order
Choose whether you wish to go long or short on the desired contract. Select “Limit” from the presented options. Enter the amount, price, and select the leverage ratio. You may also click on prices from the order book to set the limit order price. Click the “Place Limit Long/Short Order” button to submit your limit order.
Canceling Open Orders
Select the “Open Orders” tab from the card located underneath the chart area. Click the red trash can button on the right-hand side to cancel the order.
Closing Open Positions
Select the “Open Positions” tab from the card located underneath the chart area. Click the circled X button on the left-hand side. This will open up a confirmation modal with a summary of your PNL and options to either confirm or cancel. Click “confirm” to close your position.
You may also close your position manually by netting it to zero using limit and market orders.
About Injective Protocol
Injective Protocol is the first layer-2 decentralized exchange protocol that unlocks the full potential of decentralized derivatives and borderless DeFi. Injective Protocol enables fully decentralized trading without any restrictions, allowing individuals to trade on any derivative market of their choosing. Injective Protocol is backed by a prominent group of stakeholders including Pantera Capital, one of the most renowned venture capital firms in the world, and the leading cryptocurrency exchange, Binance.